Strip Out and Enabling
|Hines /Gardiner and Theobald
|Broadgate Quarter, 1 Snowden Street
Acting in the capacity of Principal Contractor, KpH were engaged by Hines and Gardiner and Theobald to undertake the full strip back to core of Levels 8,9 and 10 within the Broadgate Quarter Building. In total this spanned approximately 57,000 sqft.
Within a programme of 8 weeks KpH undertook the following works to Levels 8,9 and 10 of Broadgate Quarter:
- Protection of Goods Lift and Communal Walkways
- Installation of Temporary Services/Lighting
- Removal of Carpet, Raised Floor, Ceiling and Grid and Core Wall Paper
- Removal of all Non Load Bearing Walls and Bulk Heads
- Removal of above Ceiling Services and Under Floor Power and Lighting Services
- Removal of Wired Fire Detection and Sprinkler Systems
- Removal of Tenant Installed Heating/Cooling System
- Removal of Comms Room Air Conditioning Unit positioned at Roof Top
- Making good works to the neighbouring offices on Levels 8 and 9
Key elements of the project which required a more considered approach were restricted use of the goods lift during work hours, working to our own allocated time slot and continuous liaison with Helix, The Building Managers, to ensure wherever possible we mitigated the noise nuisance to other building users.
Despite adopting all reasonable noise mitigation techniques the transgression of noise to the floors above and below continued to cause disruption to other tenants. A solution was agreed with the Client Team that noisy works would be undertaken out of hours. This was quickly put into practice by the KpH Site Management Team and allowed the project to complete on programme and with minimal cost implications.