Broadgate Quarter, 1 Snowden Street
Strip Out and Enabling
|Client:||Blackstone Property Management|
|Project:||Broadgate Quarter, 1 Snowden Street|
Acting in the capacity of Principal Contractor, KpH were engaged by Beadmans on behalf of our Client, Blackstone Property Management, to undertake the full Strip Out back to core of Retail, Commercial and Storage Units on the Ground Floor within the Broadgate Quarter Building. KpH successfully completed the project over a period of 12 weeks.
Broadgate Quarter is a twelve storey office building, containing approximately 425,280 square feet of net office and retail space, plus associated reception, circulation and service spaces.
By liaising with the Building Manager, KpH carefully coordinated deliveries and waste removals through the shared Loading Bay, and around the limited space in the surrounding area, without disrupting the activities of the existing tenants. A clear access and egress route was maintained at all times.
Key elements of the project required a more considered approach to ensure that, wherever possible, KpH mitigated the noise nuisance to other building users. Noisy works were, in some cases, undertaken out of hours and allowed the project to be completed on programme with minimal cost implications.
Scope of Works
The Strip Out work included the removal of:
- Floor Coverings and Raised Access Floors (RAF);
- the Kitchen and Toilets;
- Redundant M&E;
- Fixture and Fittings, including joinery;
- non-loadbearing Walls and Wall Finishes;
- Ceiling and Grids;
- Underfloor Services;
- Chillers and Grease Interception Tank;
- Air Conditioning Units and Condensers;
- Heavy Mechanical Ductworks.
The following items were retained and protected:
- building envelope generally including external Doors;
- Metal Cladding Panels to external Walls;
- internal Doors to existing pressurised Stairwells;
- load bearing Walls and Columns;
- Fire Detection and Sprinkler Systems.
Other works included:
- the completion of an Asbestos Refurbishment and Demolition Survey;
- the protection of Goods Lift and communal Walkways;
- the installation of Temporary Services/Lighting.