|Project:||Bedfont Lakes, Building B2|
Three-phased major Enabling and Strip Out project spanning 13,000 m² and turning the building back to core. Additional complex dismantling, demolition and enabling works involving the breaking out of concrete slab.
Generally the works involved the Internal soft strip of all fixtures and fittings across the 13,000m² footprint of the building. Additional works included:
- Breaking out and removal of floor screeds in designated areas of the ground and lower ground floors utilising a Brokk 90 specialist remote controlled demolition robot.
- The environmental clean-up and disposal of bird guano.
- Dismantling and removal of a mezzanine floor.
- Breakdown, dismantling and removal of 600-tonnes of mechanical plant from the roof areas.
- The careful breaking out of concrete columns within the auditorium.
Phase 2 – Works Involved:
- Breaking out and removal of substantial concrete plinths within plant rooms.
- Dismantling and deconstruction of internal steel stair wells and concrete supports, utilising a hand held hydraulic concrete crushing machine.
- Breakout and remove from site of precast concrete floor planks and reinforced concrete.
- Dismantling and removal of 2,000m² of suspended glass atrium roof.
- Dismantling and removal of 3 No. glass constructed lifts and associated hydraulic rams and lift shafts.
- Dismantling and removal of associated internal suspension link bridges and walkways adjoining the lifts.
Phase 3 – Works Involved:
- Diamond floor sawing and carefully breaking out existing concrete beam foundations back to existing pile caps to enable new piling configuration.
- Removal of double skin concrete block wall surrounding the atrium.
- Removal of 2,000m² of concrete floors at ground level to enable pilling construction to infill existing atrium space.
- Break out reinforced concrete slab over lift pit motor room utilising one of several crash decks erected during the project.
- Dismantling, removal and disposal of goods lifts including hydraulic equipment, rams and lift shafts, hydraulic oil storage tanks and associated steel frame work.
- Breaking out and removal of concrete roof top plant room walls and roofs.
- Opening up of concrete floors to form new risers.