Adelphi Building, London
Strip Out and Enabling
|Client:||Blackstone Property Management|
|Project:||Adelphi Building, London|
Working as the Principal Contractor for our client Blackstone Property Management, and alongside Gardiner and Theobald LLP, KpH Deconstruction completed an 10 week soft strip and enabling project at the prestigious Adelphi Building in London.
The Adelphi is a 14 storey purpose-built office building, constructed in the Art Deco style and completed in 1938. Located within the Adelphi Conservation Area, overlooking the Thames Embankment, the building has been Grade II Listed since 2009.
The Adelphi remained a live office building throughout the duration of the refurbishment works, which took place on Level 12, 13 and the Roof. We identified that the adjacent areas and neighbouring properties could also be affected by our works, we therefore had to pay particular attention to minimising the disruption to these areas and reducing noise and vibration during construction operations. We achieved this by using only properly maintained motorized equipment with low noise emission and ensuring that Subcontractors also used efficient noise reduction systems and equipment. Our most disruptive works were carried out in well publicised, short, pre-planned slots throughout the day to allow those affected by the works to make appropriate arrangements to prevent being inconvenienced.
Scope of Works
- Isolations for the M&E, Telecoms and Sprinklers.
- Removal of Asbestos.
- Strip-out of raised access floor (RAF) and underfloor services. Removal of resin and residue associated with raised floor pedestal fixings.
- Dismantling and removal of East and West Plant Rooms.
- Strip out of plasterboard boxings from the perimeter and removal skirting boards.
- Demolition and clearance of non-loadbearing blockwork to West Fire Lobby.
- Strip out of tiling and screed in the West Toilets.
- Strip out of East and West Plant Rooms (including removal of the steel floor).
- Toilets and blockwork strip out and removal.
- Removal of screed to the East Toilets and East Stair Core Area.
- Removal of ceilings and plant within the Staircase Lobbies.
- Strip out of M&E.
- Removal of plasterboard ceiling.
- Removal of partitions.
- Strip out of skirting boards and P/B boxing around the perimeter.
- Removal of glazing to columns (leaving the plasterboard in place to secure the fire cladding).
- Timber floor lifted and maintained for the removal of services.
- Strip out of fixtures and fittings.
- Cutting-Up, dismantling and removal of all M&E in the Plant Rooms.