9 Appold Street, London
Strip Out and Enabling
|Client:||Blackstone Property Management|
|Project:||9 Appold Street, London|
Working as the Principal Contractor for our client Blackstone Property Management, and in collaboration with Gardiner and Theobald LLP, KpH Deconstruction completed an 8 week strip out programme back to shell and core across Levels 8 and 9 of 9 Appold Street in London.
9 Appold Street is a 10 storey building located near Liverpool Street Station. All works had to be undertaken in a sympathetic manner and, in particular, being mindful of the shared Loading Bay Area users and important tenants occupying Level 7. This was achieved by liaising with the Building Management Team (to identify the least disruptive hours to carry out noisy works), and distributing regular Tenant Newsletters detailing our progress and works schedule (in order to manage expectations and create good working relationships). We utilised weekends for noisy works when required.
Strip Out and Removal Works
The following strip out and removal works were carried out on both Level 8 and 9:
- Non-loadbearing Walls and Ceilings;
- Fixtures and Fittings (including Floor Finishes);
- Raised Access Floors through-out and Screed within Data Room;
- Redundant Plant and M&E;
- Toilets (including Pipework back to Risers);
- Comms Room;
- PDU and UPS Systems.
Scope of Works (Additional to Strip Out Works)
- Coordination of the isolations to sprinkler system, small power, lighting, fire alarm system, floor power, PDU and mechanical services.
- Protection works to the lift and lift lobby floors, and walls and doors.
- Erecting of Scaffolding for the de-gassing, dismantling and removal of roof top plant and chillers.