40-41 Great Marlborough Street
Soft Strip and Enabling
|Client:||Gleeds Cost Management Ltd|
|Project:||40-41 Great Marlborough Street, London|
Working as the Principal Contractor alongside Gleeds Cost Management Ltd, KpH Deconstruction undertook an 8 week soft strip and enabling contract at 40-41 Great Marlborough Street. The works were carried out on all floors consisting of Basement, Ground Floor, Mezzanine Floor and Levels 1 – 4 .
KpH had to complete the works in a manner that would not damage the fabric of the adjoining buildings, nor cause disruption to neighbouring trades, one of which was a popular eatery. The adjacent buildings were occupied and at certain locations, the dividing structure between this and the Site was vulnerable. It therefore required KpH to exercise particular care when undertaking the works.
Scope of Works
The following works were carried out:
- Removal and disposal of loose laid floor finishes, doors, glazed and plasterboard partitions, wall linings shelving, skirting, fire barriers, storage and suspended ceilings from the Basement, Ground Floor, Mezzanine Floor and Level 1, 2, 3 and 4.
- Decommissioning, dismantling and removal of Mechanical and Electrical installations from the Loft Space, Basement, Ground Floor, Mezzanine Floor and Level 1, 2, 3 and 4 (included the isolation, de-gassing and removal of wall mounted cooling units and isolation and drain-down of domestic H&CWS and sanitary ware).
- Removal of all mechanical joints containing Asbestos Containing Material (ACM’s) and disposal to a licenced facility.
- Capping and removal of all tea points and kitchen facilities.
- Removal of blinds, signage, kickbacks and loose fixtures and fittings throughout the building.
- Additional Works included in the installation of a temporary fire alarm system, structural investigations including brick testing and temporary works in conjunction with our retained Temporary Works Engineer, CDS Limited.