3 New Street Square, London
Strip Out & Enabling Works
|3 New Street Square, London
In the capacity of Principal Contractor, KpH Deconstruction undertook this 5 week Strip Out and Enabling project at 3 New Street Square working on behalf of Land Securities and alongside Exigere.
3 New Street Square is part of the New Square development completed in 2008 that transformed the area into a modern commercial area with office buildings, public real, areas and retail spaces. It is well located with 360 degree panoramic views across London and to St Paul’s.
The scope of works included the Strip Out from Basement, across five floors to the Roof including some small strip out works within the risers. A percentage of Level 1 was to remain in situ as a site set up area for the follow on contractor
The removal of waste was a particular challenge on this project due to the loading bay being located within the building next door. The lifts that were being used were near end of life and therefore provided a level of unreliability which KpH were able to mitigate and still achieve the client’s aspirations in relation to programme.
Scope of Works
The main scope of works comprised of the internal Strip Out back to shell, including the removal of:
- Removal of Floor coverings / floor finishes
- Removal of underfloor services with raised access flooring (RAF) being relayed by the follow on contractor.
- Removal of suspended ceiling and grid, lighting and associated conduit
- Partitions walls, glazed and plasterboard removal
- Redundant M&E above ceiling services removal
- Removal of WC’s and associated services
- Kitchen / tea point removal